Surprise !!! R comes to town...
Wednesday, May 24th
I actually got up at
Although we have missed seeing the girls as of yet, we feel like this time has been a gift to us. God knows what He’s doing. We were so run down from getting ready for this trip and our big changes at home that we were very behind on sleep and had little time with one another before we arrived here. The way things have worked out has given us 9 days together with very little responsibility (especially once court was finished!) Once we get the girls we probably will not have this much time away for many, many years. Also, the weather is fantastic and we’re seeing things we never would have seen if we had come back before now. We always believed everything was happening on a certain time line for a reason. Now we’re sure of it.
We ate lunch at the office and then headed out for a few shopping errands. We’re trying to find a disposable camera for Yelena to take to the village to take photos for us. No one seems to have these here. So we will probably buy a cheap film camera and just send it with her. We found one for $15 at the mall. It is worth it to us as these photos will be very important to the girls later in their lives. At the mall we also bought Yelena a birthday card and some chocolate when we found out she turned 33 years old today. J
After our shopping Nastia and the driver took us to a placed called “The Cliff”. It is a boardwalk park area that borders the
This afternoon we ran into one of the American couples who has their court date tomorrow (again—they were delayed the first time). We were waiting in our van at the time. I told Dan to open the door so we could talk with them. They are a bit older and have a 5 year old son they hope to adopt (they’re first time parents as is everyone else we’ve met here so far). The man is so angry it is hard to even speak with them. I just wanted to be nice and ask them if they’d had their second court date yet. They said it’s tomorrow. I told them we were thinking of them and hoped for the best and that we certainly understood delays. The man snipped, “Everyone says they understand, but you don’t. No one understands what this feels like. Welcome to hell.” Well, I wasn’t gonna let him get away with thinking we’ve had it easy just because court went well for us. So I told him that we’ve had our own issues and delays along the way and mentioned the birth mom thing. He seemed a little taken aback. Dan said I called his trump and he’d never seen me get like that with someone before. I just can’t handle people’s anger around here. It’s disturbing and depressing. I want to run into some happy Americans. It’s hard to see people hate their child’s birth place.
Natalia sent us home with another pizza for supper. That was nice since it meant we didn’t have to go back to the office for another meal. We watched a movie and ate pizza and ice cream together. Dan just fell asleep (it’s only 7 pm). I hope I can wake him up to post all of our silly photos from today. We are cracking ourselves up all the time. I think we’ve entered the giddy/silly stage of “vacation”.
Ok… now on to the fun news! We got word after supper tonight that R will be arriving tomorrow night! She is coming on a boat which will arrive in
So, tomorrow we will be getting our bigger apartment. We have requested a 3 room apartment (2 bedrooms, a living room, bathroom, and a full kitchen). It will be so nice to have a bit more space. We are really tired of this small 1 room apartment (no living room and only a partial kitchen). But we will also pay $60 more a night for the new room. Oh well, it’ll be worth it. I am going to go down to the desk now and request it a day early. We were originally going to move in there on Friday morning. I can’t wait to unpack and get everything ready for the girls!
Hopefully 24 hours from now we’ll have


2 Comments:
Hey Nancy, I just wanted to congratulate on being a mother of four! I am so happy for you. I have loved reading and watching you go through this experience. Your faith in God throughout this experience has been truly inspiring. You are a wonderful person and have been truly blessed. Again, congratulations!
Great, you have merit some rest..
Nancy, I liked what did you say:
> It’s hard to see people hate their child’s birth place.
it describes what kind of parents are you going to be.
good luck!
Tigran
Post a Comment
<< Home