Our first post placement visit
Our home visit yesterday went just fine. They were here for about 2
hours and they loved seeing the children they've worked so hard for for
so many months. We were asked a bunch of questions about how things are
going and how the girls are adjusting. We turned in all of the
requested paperwork and got some more paperwork to do! It never ends.
We also found out that we were the last family from our agency to get a
court date in Khabarovsk. The judge began denying families and now no
families are being scheduled in that region at all until it's sorted
out. That is a God story in itself. We couldn't believe it! We are so
grateful we were not delayed (or rejected) any more. These girls needed
to get home...esp. with Regina's teeth problems. The agency ladies both
told us that we were the nicest family to work with and that we never
got angry even when they had to call multiple times with bad news. That
was so good to hear. I'm glad that we appeared to handle it
gracefully. It was the perfect chance to talk about our faith too.
That is honestly the only way we survived it. Cindy and Silvia looked
at the girls with us and said, "It was meant to be."
Tonight we are going to our gym's pool (Lifetime Fitness) for a fun
family outing. Swimming is at the top of Holden's list and we need to
do something for him right now. So we're attempting the challenge!
We're home the rest of the weekend. Dan's coworker is giving us a
wooden swingset that we hope to pick up this weekend and hire someone to
assemble it for us. Hayden has karate tomorrow and Holden has a t-ball
game. We hope to get a bit of organizing done around here too.


1 Comments:
Sorry I haven't written in a very long time, but Congrats! I am so very happy for you. The girls look great and the boys look so big! Your faith and positive attitude amaze me. I think I'd be a basket case! I think it sounds like you are doing a fantastic job of adjusting, especially keeping all the boy's classes going. I am so proud of you! I hope things go well at the cabin over the 4th--we will be in Oregon, so I'll check back when we get home to see how it went. Just keep loving all of your kids the way you do and give them all big hugs from me!
Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home