Thursday, November 01, 2007

Two years ago....

November 1, 2005 was the first we ever heard of a little girl named Regina Sivko. It was somewhat shocking news that Lilia had a 3 year old sister. That day kind of rocked my world. I was hesitant to go from 2 to 3 children and hadn't ever considered going from 2 to 4 children. I got the news while I was checking out in the Target line. Dan and I were speechless on the phone and our social worker said, "Are you guys still there??" ;) I was so flustered that I forgot to buckle Holden in his car seat the whole way to Chuck E. Cheese. We had to wait almost a month for any information about Regina and for a photo. Here are the long-awaited first words we ever read about her...

"The girl was admitted to the orphanage on 11.04. She adjusted very easily, didn’t cry. She answers to the questions in short sentences or nods her head. The girl is a very easy going. She likes to play dolls with other kids; likes to play with blocks. The girl has a very good predisposition; always smiles, very friendly, loved by other children and she is a natural helper. Her speech is very clear, grammatically correct. She has a good memory; knows a lot of kid’s songs and little poems by heart. Sometimes she mix up her colors. She loves helping with the household chores, water flowers, and put toys away. She loves picture books, kid’s animations. She is good in drawing, play dough, loves to sing and dance. The girl is independent in a self- care, very neat and takes her time eating. When ask to do something she reacts positively."

This description is so accurate to date. Amazing. How could we not say yes to this little girl too? I will include her referral photo and a recent photo as well. It's hard to believe it's been 2 years since those referral calls. What an exciting time!




1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Tigran said...

Nance, Dan, very happy your family is Good. Yeah, 2 year is a long time, but it run very fast. And today, by looking to back, and by seeing what you get during this time we see you made Great job. Great and really Good blessing work, and I wish God every time be with you and all your family. Wish you guys all the best in the World. Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home