Easter and my 38th Birthday







I had the surprise of my life on the evening before my birthday. I was settling into my 7th night of single mom-hood at my parents house in TN. I was reading a wonderful Karen Kingsbury novel and had to make myself turn the light off at 10:30 pm. I was just about to turn it off when a knock came on my door. I couldn't figure out who it would be. The kids were all tucked in and they wouldn't knock anyway. So I said, "yes??", and someone just up and walks into my room! It was a man and I thought it was my dad. Guess who it was???? My adorable, romantic husband walked up to me on my bed and said, "Happy birthday honey!" I had a grin on my face from ear to ear for about an hour. He had apparently planned it with my dad a few days prior because he missed all of us so badly. It was so fun!!
My parents followed our annual b-day tradition of taking the kids to the dollar store to shop for us. I just get such a hoot out of that. Hayden got me a composition notebook for a journal (one that looks just like Dan's journal). Holden got me a novel about tennis (he said he knew I'd love it because it had a picture of a person exercising on the front---wow! I'm teaching him good habits and he noticed!) Regina got me two tupperware dishes. Lilia got me a magic wand that lights up.
My parents gave me the sun light for SAD (seasonal affective disorder) which I've wanted for awhile. And I even got to eat my favorite ice cream dessert in 70 degree weather. It was a good day.Now I'm back to snow storms and cold. We're supposed to get 7-8 inches of the white stuff today. Oy! At least our 40 hours in the car were not tainted with snow. I'm grateful for that.
Here's a few photos from our Easter in Tennessee and my birthday celebration. We also celebrated my Dad's birthday on March 22nd.
Let the birthdays begin...of the 12 Moritz's in MN, 7 of us have birthdays in late March and early April.
Nancy


1 Comments:
Happy belated birthday, Nancy!! Sounds like it was a good one:) Love the easter pics,the kids are so adorable and getting so big too!
God Bless:)
Post a Comment
<< Home