Monday, March 13, 2006

A Snow Day!! (and a long update)

We actually have a SNOW DAY today!! Yeah! It's been a long time since
we've had one. We've gotten quite a bit of snow--total will be around
9-11 inches I think. The kids are so excited. We loved telling Hayden
this morning (Holden already knew cuz he was up way too early). Dan and
I grabbed his hands and made him close his eyes on the way to the front
window. :) The boys and I will stay home all day. We made cinnamon
biscuits this morning. I started that tradition a few years ago on snow
days. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

There is no new news on the girls. We have decided the agency probably
will not notify us until all the birth mom's court proceedings are
over. It's probably better that we just don't know anything and keep
praying. I have made plans with my life in the meantime. I was tired
of putting everything on hold just in case we got a travel date. The
boys and I made flight reservations to go to TN to visit my parents over
spring break for a week. Then in early April I am going to go on a
girls' getaway weekend with some friends to Red Wing, MN. These trips
(and lots of sunny days last week) have lifted my spirits a bunch.

My daily Bible devotions all seem to relate to the adoption in some form
or another. It is really uplifting. God has been speaking volumes to
me through them. And I'm back to my 'waiting patiently' status again.
I just got a bit uptight and emotional last week.

I had a really cool God moment last week. My friend Debra (the one from
our agency with 2 girls in the same region) sent me a bookmark that she
had made. It has a verse from Proverbs 25:25 on it...."Like cold water
to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." I had never heard
that verse before in my life until 2 days prior to getting the
bookmark. I saw it in someone's signature on an adoption message
board. I thought it was so cool. So earlier that week I kinda
meditated on it--circled it in my Bible--read it in a few different
translations. Then when I opened her note/bookmark and the first words
I saw were "cold water"...I just knew it was the same verse before I
even read on. I got major, major goosebumps! She also put two small
heart stickers on it to symbolize L and R. I am so grateful I met her.
As an adoptive mother in such similar shoes, she really understands what
it's like.

We had such a nice weekend with the boys. On Saturday we even took a 2
1/2 mile hike as a family. The kids loved it. We went out for a big
cheese pizza afterwards. We've been enjoying our time as a family very
much. That evening we watched the movie "March of the Penguins"
together. What a great movie! I am always amazed at how God has made
everything work in this world. His creations are really incredible. Dan
and I were very reflective after the movie---in regards to how it
relates to adoption. I wish I had a special little warm pouch to keep
the girls safe.

Last week I had an interesting conversation at gymnastics. I was trying
to read a magazine during the class, but I couldn't exactly
concentrate. I was too busy looking at one woman's adorable 15 month
old waddling around the place. The mother looked at me enviously and
said, "I sure wish I could read a magazine during this class. Now I
dread coming because I have to chase her." I said, "Well, I can't
read. I'm watching your daughter enviously and wishing I were chasing
my daughters around instead of sitting here with this magazine." It's
so interesting how we all want what we don't have (sometimes anyway).

Thanks to all of you for the cards, emails, packages, and your daily
prayers for us and the girls. It has been exactly 3 months since we met
them now. God has a plan. We know His plan is the best one for all
involved. So we're still resting in that. Regardless of the outcome,
we do know that our faith is growing immensely right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home