Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dan called the agency today

She said our papers were submitted to the courts on 3/24. I guess they
usually assign a court date a few days after that, but sometimes it
takes a few weeks. They have up to 2 months to assign one. So it has
to be assigned by 5/24. Maybe they're just busy with lots of court
dates right now. Russia has 2 holidays in early May where things shut
down (May 1 and May 9) so I don't know how that will affect us.
Sometimes gov't workers take a week off for those holidays. Our
coordinator is having some rep. in Khab. do some footwork tomorrow to
see what's going on. She's not worried about getting a court date
though...she knows were anxious. But it doesn't sound like bad news so
that's good. It makes me feel a bit better. Every time Dan calls she
seems to contact someone over there so maybe it helps. Our heads have
been playing tricks on us so I'm glad it's nothing bad...just more waiting.

I'm in an adoption playgroup on Thursday mornings and today we welcomed
home a baby from Korea. That was neat! The mom looks tired, but
happy. She has 2 biological children too. We sent her home with some
food and a few other goodies. It makes the adoption seem real when it
really happens for other people.

I'm anxiously awaiting news on Debra's court date. I haven't heard
anything from her yet. They've been in my prayers alot this week. I
hope their girls are in their possession now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home