Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Moved in!

Thursday, May 25th

Our big activity this morning has been moving apartments. We got a 2 bedroom apartment on the 7th floor (two floors up from where we were). It took us about 5 trips to get all of our stuff up here. Yes, we have a ton….besides all our luggage now we have gifts we’ve purchased and groceries. I was so excited to see the new place. Dan was laughing at my enthusiasm. I was doing leaps in the new place once I saw it. Wow! It’s so nice. The girls’ room is way, way better than I ever imagined. It’s like we get to welcome them into a real bedroom. It has a single bed for R and a crib for L. They said they had no cribs but they must have dug one up for us! And it’s not ancient either. There are bookshelves, a desk, and a really nice closet unit. We even have a hallway and a living room and a fully equipped kitchen. We were going to take a walk but I just couldn’t stop organizing the apartment. If you know me well, you know I am an organization freak.

Unpacking the girls’ suitcase was so fun. I found a place for everything. I hid most of the toys, crayons, bubbles, play-doh, balls, and stuff like that. I think once R sees that stuff she won’t want to stop playing with it! And it’ll be late. So I left some books out for her instead. I hung up all the dresses and put the shoes in the closet. It looks so sweet in there. I put their special blankets on their beds and put a doll out for R for tonight. Dan came in as I was putting things away and I just started crying. It is so amazing to prepare a room for your child knowing you’ll tuck her in bed for the first time later that day. I imagine seeing everything through her eyes and what she’ll feel like. Oh, it just gets me even as I type this. We have waited such a long time for this part of the journey and it just leaves me with a lump in my throat. We have no idea what to expect for tonight…how do you just jump in and be someone’s mother and father. It’s such an odd thing. But we just trust that we’ll know what to do as we did the first time we met them.

We will head to lunch soon and then to the souvenir shop for a few more things. Then we hope to go on our walk for the day. This afternoon will be our last chance to nap and take it easy so we do plan to do that also.

Please pray for a smooth transition for R tonight…and that she’ll feel our love immediately. We should have some photos of our first daughter for you tomorrow.

p.s. I knew it was the room meant for our daughters when I saw the card someone had left behind on the bookshelf. It says (in English) “Glory to God in the Highest” with a picture of baby Jesus on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home